We are starting today off with the top 20 promo product categories of 2016. Then, we’ll dive into a survey conducted by PPAI on the effectiveness of promo products. Finally, we will look at how one millennial targeted media company is capitalizing off of a comment made by Donald Trump.
SAGE recently released the most popular promo product categories of 2016 in terms of searches on their website. Out of over 71.4 million inquiries, caps rank in at number 7!
- USB Drives
- Key Chains
- Beverage Insulators
PPAI recently released their 2016 Consumer Study Survey. Be sure to check out the full article for all the results, but we will give you a few highlights below.
- 89% of respondents received a promo product in the past 6 months.
- 90% of respondents remember a product’s branding, and 80% recall the advertising message.
- 80% of respondents said their impression of a brand was positively impacted by receiving a promo product.
- 80% of respondents claim to look up a brand after receiving a promo product.
- 83% say they are more likely to do business with a company after receiving a product.
In early January, then president-elect Trump referred to Buzzfeed as a failing pile of garbage. Within hours, Buzzfeed responded by selling over $25,000 worth of promo products branded with the phrase, including limited-edition garbage cans.
What are your thoughts on all of the promotional product micro-moments that have happened throughout the course of this election? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. You can also follow us on Instagram using the hashtag #hatswork.